Monday, July 20, 2009

Busy little bees

I have not really had time to think about a post lately, have barely had time to read any. Hope everyone has been doing well.

I have been a busy little bee working for VBS. That was a fun time, although I surely could not have made it without God having grace and mercy on me. This was my first time as being a director and organizing this. I was sitting at the kitchen table coloring a picture that I had drawn and Doodle Bug came running by and wanted to know what I was doing, explained to her that I was coloring a picture for VBS and she began to look at all the others that were laying on the table and she said that looks like a lot of hard work why do you want to do all that. I explained to her that it was a lot of work but I was doing it because God had called me to do VBS and that was part of working for his kingdom. She says well can I help do God's work? Of course you can, she said it will be fun and we can make God happy at the same time.

Doing God's work can be hard but we all need to remember to look at it through a child's eye. I can certainly say that I had a lot of fun getting ready and it was a lot of work, that all came to light when you see the children smiling and enjoying themselves as they learn, sing, and dance about God and His word.


Just to see them smile makes you being tired and worn out worth it.

We learned one big thing this week and it was "We cannot complain and praise God at the same time" So lets do a lot more praising God and less complaining.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked that lesson! Thanks for all the work you put in. We love you and appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete

Daisypath Anniversary tickers