Tuesday, March 17, 2009

American Dream

Tuesday morning on the way to work listening to the local radio station, they were talking about the prefect women or man. The man was one that check in and gave the wife the daily schedule, talked with the kids, gave her the time she needed, etc. The women was one that never bothered her husband during that football game, loved to fish, hunt, and kept the home peaceful. The comments that were called in said "Where can I find him or her; that sounds like a dream come true." One man called and said that he had a friend that his wife put her husbands clothes out every morning, had his coffee made before he went to work, the friend said that he wish she didn't do this, because she didn't have to. This got me thinking; I put my husbands clothes out, make his breakfast, fix his lunch and so forth most everyday. I do these things because I want to not because he expects it. I do my best to keep my house in peace and orderly. Not that this always happens. LOL. At our M&M Class this past week we talked about are we living someones dream and what it takes to keep our house in peace.

I have given this a lot of thought, and have decided that I am one very lucky women to be living out my dream. That is living out that American dream for earth and living also the dream of the Godly life on earth. What better peace than to have a wonderful Godly husband, a beautiful step daughter that I have the chance to to help raise in the Godly way, and to have friends, family to love and help in many different ways.

YES I AM LIVING THE AMERICAN DREAM! AND ONE DAY WILL LIVE THE HEAVENLY DREAM ALSO! THANK GOD I AM BLESSED!

2 comments:

  1. I heard this same radio show. I also heard one DJ ask if the info was found in the 1957 Reader's Digest. It's like these characteristics aren't found in today's society. There are women in today's society that enjoy "taking care" of her family. When I take care of my family, I am cared for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the real circle of life, not some new-agey thing. Nurturing others comes back to you being nurtured by others.

    ReplyDelete

Daisypath Anniversary tickers